It’s over! The election is over. Everyone take a deep breath and exhale. We made it. The world did not split open and swallow up America over night. There was no zombie apocalypse, or locust plague. But, instead the sunrise greeted us in the early hours like it does everyday. And, one thing is for sure: It’s a new day.
There are so many feelings swirling around in the air, it’s almost palpable. Some of us are heartbroken, some of us are elated, and a lot of us are somewhere in between. But, if we really want to find perspective….if we really want to feel better about our lives there is one sure way to do it: GRATEFULNESS.
5 Things to be Grateful For Today:
1. Now that the election is over, we can get back to social networks just being a place to socialize. Yes, I get it. It is a major key in expressing our opinions and philosophies. But, I really miss just reading the articles about how to save money, or zoning out to those cooking videos where they make a dish in like 30 seconds. I also miss seeing all of the cute kid pictures, the dog/military reunion videos, and you can never get enough of the dancing babies. Please bring it back!!!
2. No matter if your candidate won or lost, you had a chance vote. America’s fundamental principles are based upon its citizens having a voice. There are millions of people around that world that look upon us so envious because they would love the chance to be able to “pull the lever.” We have that opportunity and that privilege…even if we don’t want it sometimes. It should not be taken lightly, but carried with great pride.
3. It’s November!! Holiday season is here!! A time for making new memories and reliving old traditions. Where the family ping pong match or the late night card games continue late into the night. The time where there is an overwhelming amount of amazing food and we all live in denial when we go back for our second and third helpings. Where there are days that you can stay in your pajamas all day long and it’s ok. The season when we celebrate our Savior’s birth, and remember how the greatest love story all began.
4. It’s getting towards the end of the year, so that means a new beginning is on the way. It’s a clean slate. You have the chance to reflect on this past year, learn from your mistakes, and embrace the new opportunities that are headed your way. It’s your time to drop whatever load you may have decided to carry, and move forward free. No matter what life threw at you this year, you survived it. You are still here. You have purpose.
5. And, most importantly, Jesus Christ is forever King. There is nothing that can ever separate His love for us. We are washed clean…new creations. We are forgiven and can walk boldly in His love. We can openly worship, and can sing of His wonders. We are living testaments of the transforming power of the cross. We are His, and He is ours. The government changes, but our God is constant. Our trust is in Him. That makes my heart beat with melodies of gratefulness.
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11
Expressing gratefulness does something to our spirits. Please feel free to add your grateful thoughts to the list and share it with others. Let’s spread some love, hope and even some laughter today when it seems like we all could really use the boost.