Ignite: Empowering Women to Heal, Achieve, and Succeed
There are times in a woman’s life when traumatic circumstances will leave some very deep wounds. If not nurtured and mended, they can turn into gaping canyons that keep us from truly living the way God intended. Opportunities get missed, goals don’t get achieved, even day-to-day living becomes a challenge. It can be hard to hold onto hope.
But we have a choice: we can either lose ground with temporary “fixes” or we can take brave steps toward true healing and come out on top. Ignite: Empowering
Women to Heal, Achieve, and Succeed is a powerful tool to assist in small group studies for doing just that.
Included are eleven practical and effective activities to help women:
- Discover personal strengths
- Create a life mission statement
- Set realistic goals
- Write a résumé and get a job
- Realize her value and self-worth
- Take steps toward true forgiveness
- Identify past coping strategies and create new healthy ones
- Build a support system
- Overcome regret
- Understand the importance of short-term sacrifice for a long-term joyous life
Many times, the very things that have caused us so much hurt can be the avenue
God uses to propel us to a healthy and vibrant future. We are not a product of what has been done to us—we are overcomers, and, with the help of God and one another, we can be victorious in a bright and promising tomorrow.